The occurrence of any of the following actions will result in the denial, suspension, or revocation of the certification:
- Failure to meet all eligibility criteria for certification/recertification
- Falsification of the NNCC application
- Falsification of any materials or information requested by the NNCC
- Any restrictions such as revocation, suspension, probation, or other sanctions of professional RN license by a nursing authority
- Misrepresentation of certification status
- Cheating on the examination
- Applicable state and/or federal sanctions
- Failure to meet continuing education criteria
- Failure to meet work experience requirements
The NNCC reserves the right to investigate all suspected/reported violations and, if appropriate, notify the certificant's employer/State Board of Nursing.
The applicant/certificant will be notified in writing of NNCC's decision(s)/action(s).
An individual who has been denied certification, failed an examination, or had his/her certification revoked has the right of appeal. This appeal must be submitted in writing to the President of the NNCC within thirty (30) days of being notified. The appeal shall state specific reasons why the certificant feels entitled to certification.
At the individual’s request, the President shall appoint a committee of three NNCC members who will meet with the individual and make recommendations to the NNCC. The committee will meet in conjunction with a regularly scheduled NNCC meeting. The individual will be responsible for his/her own expenses.
The final decision of the NNCC will be communicated in writing to the individual within thirty (30) days of the NNCC meeting. Failure of the individual to request an appeal or appear before the committee shall constitute a waiver of the individual’s right of appeal.
For Certification Examinations:
Applicants requesting a refund must first cancel any scheduled exam date previously booked with the computer–based testing agency. Written refund requests must be submitted by the payee and received by NNCC no later than two (2) weeks prior to the close of the 90-day testing window printed on the permit. Refund requests received after this time will not be considered. A refund request must include the applicant’s full name, the last four digits of the social security number and the name of the exam being canceled, or the request will not be considered. Refunds are issued minus an application processing fee and any other non-refundable fees.
Recertification application fees are non-refundable. This fee is paid for the review of the application and does not guarantee recertification will be granted. All requirements for recertification must be met during the current certification period to be approved for recertification.
Late Recertification applications:
Applications may be submitted after a certification expiration date with an additional $50.00 late fee included.
- All requirements for recertification must have been met during the recently expired 3-year certification period.
Late applications can be accepted for up to 18 months past the certification expiration date with the late fee included.
Incomplete application fee
An incomplete application fee will be assessed for any of the following reasons:
- Missing information on application forms.
- Missing required signatures.
- Required contact hour forms are not included, or not completed.
- Payment cannot be processed (i.e., credit card declined)
Recertification questions should be directed to NNCC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNCC reserves the right to publish my name and certification expiration date by state on the NNCC website. Information obtained in the certification process may be used for statistical purposes and for evaluation of the certification program.
What We Collect
We receive information directly from you, such as personal information you provide when you create an account, join, register for an event, purchase products, etc. We also receive information collected passively or automatically collected from you, such as anonymous information collected from your browser or device when accessing our sites.
At our sites and through partners we may use to provide services, you can join, apply for certification, register, order products, vote, participate in one of our online/email forums or communities. To fulfill the associated services, we must collect collect a certain amount of information such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card information. We may also give you the opportunity to provide additional information about your areas of interest and other demographics that help us better serve your needs, but these are not required.
In some cases, you may also be able to submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name and e-mail address to send an invitation to join or, if you order a product online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient's name and address. This information may include, for instance, a recipient's name, address, e-mail address, and/or telephone number.
Our systems, and the systems of partners we use to fulfill services for you, may also use automated means to collect information about you, your computer or other device used to access our services. Some of the types of automatically collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers, device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the services you have visited, sites visited before and after you use our services, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the content (e.g., iOS, Android), location information, and the content or advertisements you have seen and/or clicked.
Cookies are used to both gather the automated data mentioned above and sometimes to provide a means of managing your experience during your visit (ensuring you are logged in and receiving the content appropriate to you). For more information about how cookies are used for advertising purposes, see https://www.youronlinechoices.com. And, to learn more about managing how and whether cookies are used while you are on the web, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We, along with our partners, may use the information to:
1. provide and communicate with you about the services you request or your account,
2. fulfill our obligation regarding the services you request, including requests for newsletters and notifications,
3. respond to your questions and concerns,
4. communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you,
5. enforce the legal terms that govern your use of our services,
6. provide technical support,
7. prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities,
8. protect the safety of those who use our services,
9. customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or use of our and our partners' services,
10. perform analysis regarding how you use the services to help improve those services,
11. send products or invitation emails to the recipients you designate.
We only share contact information with our testing partner C-NET for the purpose of processing your application and administering our certification exams.
We have physical, electronic, and administrative procedures designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and assure the proper use and disposal of information you provide to us.
You may e-mail, call, or send us a letter requesting access to or correction of your personal Information. Note that we may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes prior to fulfilling such requests.